A recent magazine article listed 100 reasons to lose weight. I decided to start my own list called 100 reasons to love and serve God because the Bible says we ought to do just that.
Deuteronomy 6:5-And you shall love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with your entire being and with all your might (AMP).
1. 1 John 4:19- We love Him, because He first loved us (AMP).
2. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (NKJV).
3. Matthew 27:35-Then they crucified Him, and divided His garments, casting lots, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet: “They divided My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots NKJV).”
4. Acts 4:10- let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.
5. Hebrews 12:2- looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God (KJV).
6. Galatians 5:24- And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires (NKJV).
Sorry, I’m out of room here…but do drop me a line and let me know what other reasons you would add to these! firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer: Lord we haven’t even scratched the surface of your goodness but we thank you for every bit of it. Amen.