What America Needs: Positive Communication
By Karyn Brownlee | BrighterWalk.com
Posted 5:51 am on October 21, 2011
Those who know me know I think a lot, talk even more, and write when I feel like it. I’ve written various things during my life, mainly blog posts in recent years – posts that have covered the gamut, from reflections on scripture to political commentary. While I do not have a seminary degree, nor the vast knowledge base required of our committed government leaders, I do have a true expertise in leadership, education and communication. Put these together and it spells I-N-F-L-U-E-N-C-E.
We all have influence over others, whether family, friends, colleagues, or just drivers sharing the same roadway. Sadly, our influence is not always positive. Yet the Bible teaches us to “encourage one another and build one another up” (1 Thess 5:11). This is my heart song. Although I’ve hit some bad notes in my life’s concert, my desire is to promote beautiful harmony in our society.
There is no one more influential in any country than its leader. This week, several republican politicians met for a debate in Las Vegas with the hope of garnering support for their run at our country’s top office. These debates reveal as much about the character of the candidate as the content of their political position. Both must be strong. Yet those who master the art of presentation will succeed while those who don’t will fail, regardless of their qualities or qualifications. We will always elect a strong communicator as our President.
A strong communicator is vital to the health of our nation – but not merely a strongone. Like influence, strong communication can be both positive and negative. A positive communicator will more ultimately yield profitable results, rather than unprofitable ones. Surely most, if not all, Americans desire fruitfulness for our nation.
So what makes a strong communicator a positive one? I’ll be sharing my thoughts in upcoming posts. I hope you’ll share yours with me.
Related Articles and Blogs
- New Indiana Governor Mike Pence Carries Faith Into Office
- For Christians, It’s Never Over
- Former Campus Crusade Staffer Wins House Seat
- Red State Jesus or Blue State Jesus?
- Romney Supporters Target Evangelical Voter Base in Swing States
- Religious Caucuses Slated for 9 States
- Pastor Tony Evans: Bible Is ‘Pregnant With Politics’
More Posts by This Author
- What America Needs: Positive Communication
- Why an Imperfect World?
- Highway Sign Denouncing Homosexuals Causes Stir in Texas
- For Kidnap Victim Gracia Burnham ‘God is Enough’
- House Speaker Boehner Praises Christian Media Leaders, Criticizes Washington
- NRB Convention Opens With Challenge To Christian Communicators
- Christian Communicators To Meet In Nashville