12 Top Christian Book Reviewers
By Bob Kellemen | Founder and CEO, RPM Ministries
Posted 5:58 am on January 12, 2012
In Feast On a Good Book, I asked the question,
“How do you know whether a book is worth buying and reading?”
“A recommendation by someone you trust sure does help.”
I then linked you to my RPM Ministries Book Review site, plus provided direct links to nearly two dozen of my favorite book reviews.
What About Other Christian Book Reviewers?
There are many excellent Christian book reviewers on the Net. So, today I’m linking you to folks whose reviews I always benefit from—even when I don’t always agree with 100% of their review.
All of these folks do much more on their blogs than review books.
By the way, “Christian book reviewers” means a Christian who reviews books from a Christian worldview. This is different from focusing on reviews of Christian books from any perspective. Ponder that one…
My Dozen Favorite Christian Book Reviewers
In alphabetical order, my 12 top Christian book reviewers…
- Thabiti Anyabwile: Articulate, courageous, informed and informing…
- Aaron Armstrong: Theologically-astute, fair, focused, challenging, stretching…
- Tim Challies: Discerning, prolific, quality and quantity, a “Berean” mindset…
- Nathaniel Claiborne: Fearless, pointed, thorough, engaging…
- Brian Croft: Pastoral…clear recommendations, a shepherd’s heart, encouraging, to the point…
- Kevin DeYoung: Robust, blending pastoral ministry and theology, well-spoken, insightful…
- Brad Hambrick: Detailed, generous, practical, focused on life change…
- David Murray: Enjoyable, comprehensive, seeing with new eyes, thinking outside the box, articulate…
- Andy Naselli: Robust, theological, cutting-edge…
- Paul Tautges: Pastoral, practical, gracious, speaking the truth in love…
- Justin Taylor: Articulate, focused, deep, clear, doesn’t waste words…
- Trevin Wax: Enlightening, edifying, instructive, profound…
Bonus Feature: My Three Favorite Christian Book Review Sites
In addition to individual book reviewers, I recommend the following three Christian book review sites (listed alphabetically).
- The Biblical Counseling Coalition’s Book Review Site: Over a dozen book reviewers provide book reviews, author interviews, and book video trailers. Visit the BCC’s Book Review Site for reviews of books related to biblical counseling, pastoral ministry, marriage, parenting, and Christian living.
- The Discerning Reader Book Review Site: Originally launched by Tim Challies and now directed by Mark Tubbs, Discerning Reader is a leader in Christian book reviews. Find out for yourself here.
- The Gospel Coalition Book Review Site: TGCR provides robust reviews on a wide variety of topics. Read TGCR reviews here for an Evangelical Christian perspective on books in the news.
Join the Conversation
Which of these reviewers do you read and enjoy? What additional Christian book reviewers would you add to this list? Why?
Related Articles and Blogs
- Christ-Centered Biblical Counseling
- Feast on a Good Book
- The Biblical Counseling Movement After Adams
- 15 Definitions of Biblical Counseling
- 15 Biblical Counseling Blogs You Should Bookmark
- Robust Resources for Changed Lives
- This Week’s Top Christian Blogs
More Posts by This Author
- The 12 Best Biblical Counseling Books of 2012
- This Week’s Top Christian Blog Posts
- Leaders Take Responsibility
- This Week’s Top 5 Christian Blog Posts
- Why ‘Leave It to Beaver’ Is No Better Than ‘Hell on Wheels’
- This Week’s Top Christian Blogs
- A Father’s Day Prayer for Our Children