Dove Awards nominees present strong field
By Peter Elliott | Everyday Christian Editor
Posted 2:53 pm on February 19, 2010
The nominees for Christian music’s version of the Grammys – the Dove Awards – were announced Thursday showing a wide depth and breadth of talent.
Steven Curtis Chapman, who named Artist of the Year in 2009, is not up for the award when it will be presented at the awards show April 21st in Nashville. This year’s field features veterans Casting Crowns, tobyMac and Jars of Clay. Also included are crossover star Mary Mary and relative newcomer Francesca Battistelli.
Brandon Heath was nominated to potentially defend his standing as Male Vocalist of the Year, as was the case for Natalie Grant in the Female Vocalist of the Year category. Grant has won the award the four previous years. Also up for the top female vocalist spot is former American Idol finalist Mandisa.
Among New Artist of the Year nominees are Revive, an Australian group I’ve seen in person which has potential for long-term success with its pop/rock melodies.
Related Articles and Blogs
- Chris August, Jason Crabb Top Dove Nominees
- Lessons from The Gospel of John: Because He Lives
- Finding The Spirituality In Ministry
- Matthew West Shines On New Album
- Satan’s Grip is Crippling
- Christian Musician Meredith Andrews Gives Birth To A Son
- Natalie Grant’s Love Revolution
More Posts by This Author
- Dan Woolley: Faith Amid The Rubble
- Survey Shows Faith Equals Healthier Lifestyles
- The Importance Of The Christmas Message
- Taylor University Basketball Fans Do ‘Silent Night’ Proud
- 2010 Research Unflattering For Christians
- Remembering Pearl Harbor, 69 Years Later
- Drew Brees: A Faith-Filled Sportsman Of The Year