‘Letters to God’ Releases on DVD
By Chuck Manson | Everyday Christian Publisher
Posted 8:31 am on August 05, 2010
"Letters to God" is the story of eight-year-old Tyler Doherty and his daily battle with cancer. As the young child struggles with his terminal illness, he writes letters of prayer to God and these letter find their way to a conflicted postman who is a crossroads in his life. Inspired by a true story, "Letters to God" will be released on DVD August 10.
The movie's co-director David Nixon, who produced the films "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof", said he hoped the film would leave viewers with a new perspective on prayer. “The bottom line is this is a true story about a little 8-year-old boy who writes letters to God because he cares about the people around him,” he said. “It doesn’t hit you over the head with the Bible. It is a story about people getting through everyday life, from Brady (the mailman) to Tyler’s mother. People wonder how they can relate to situations where God is connected to them, and here is an 8-year-old boy who had such faith and hope in his heart.”
Plugged In Online reviewers Bob Hoose and Steven Isaac wrote that the movie "goes well beyond the tried-and-true tale of a sweet kid who has cancer. It does so by adding the spiritual dimension Nixon's so committed to bringing into the picture. Ty's faith is stimulating. His letter writing inspiring. His impact on those around him incalculable."
Everyday Christian is offering you a chance to win one of three copies of "Letters to God" on DVD. Enter today. The contest ends August 17 and winners will be notified by email.
Related Articles and Blogs
- This Week’s Top Christian Blog Posts
- It’s a Wonderful Life, the Sequel
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Be Encouraged by ‘Courageous’
- ‘Dolphin Tale’ Is a Tale for All Ages
- Top 100 Arts And Faith Movies
More Posts by This Author
- Westboro Baptist Plans To Picket Elizabeth Edwards Funeral
- Pakistan Flooding: How You Can Help
- ‘Letters to God’ Releases on DVD
- ‘To Save a Life’ Debuts on DVD Aug. 3
- Ed Thomas Family Garners Courage Award at ESPYs
- World Gospel Mission Turns 100, Celebrates International Calling
- Lunchtime Links: June 15, 2010