When my husband died, I spent much time crying, praying alone and feeling lonely. It helped to remember that I was not alone.
After all, Jesus spent much time alone, with God, praying.
- He grieved alone when his cousin, John the Baptist was beheaded. (Matthew 14:1-13)
2. He prayed alone to prepare for strength in the desert. (Luke 4)
3. He taught his disciples to get alone to rest after a time of work. (Mark 6:30-322.)
4. He picked his disciples after a night alone, in prayer. (Luke 6:12-13)
5. About to be arrested, he prayed alone and in anguish. (Luke 22:39-44)
6. He intentionally spent time alone to pray, far from the ‘maddening’ crowds.
Sometimes people interrupt our quiet time with God.
He left the next day for open country. But the crowds went looking and, when they found him, clung to him so he couldn’t go on. (Luke 4:42-43, MSG)
Interference in prayer time even prevented Jesus from progress, what does that say about us?