It is Canada we say. What do you expect? It is Canada. We get snow and cold and even blizzards every winter. Apparently some expect balmy tropical heat here which is quite funny because we don’t even get that in summer!
Are you surprised that your life is a blizzard, even though you set yourself up for it?
- You cheat and are surprised to end up in jail.
- You run around on your spouse and end up divorced.
- You eat too much and now the scale weighs fat.
- You have no time for your little children and don’t get their company in your old age.
- You lead a country astray and end up discredited in the market place.
- You give bad advice and the company fails and they blame you.
Yes, winter blizzards bring out the worst in us. When life is hard and cold and unforgiving, do you try to escape to the dream world of tropical sunshine or do you take time to learn how to live in the winter and do it with honesty and integrity?
Integrity-The possession of firm principles; the quality of possessing and steadfastly adhering to high moral principles or professional standards.
Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out. (Proverbs 10:9, NIV)
Prayer-Lord, when we find ourselves in a mess, don’t let us mess it up worse. Amen.