Celebrate Independence Day With Words of Wisdom
By Keiki Hendrix |
Posted 2:31 pm on July 04, 2010
Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
~ John F Kennedy
Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.
~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.
~ Dick Cheney
Men love their country, not because it is great, but because it is their own.
Our great modern Republic. May those who seek the blessings of its institutions and the protection of its flag remember the obligations they impose.
~ Ulysses S. Grant
“We recognize no Sovereign but God and no King but Jesus!”
~ John Hancock (April 18, 1775)
We can’t all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots.
~ Charles F. Browne
We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.
~ William Faulkner
We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.
~ Benjamin Franklin
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
~ Ronald Reagan
There, I guess King George will be able to read that.
~John Hancock, after signing the Declaration of Independence
Related Articles and Blogs
- 9/11 Fanned The Flames of Disrespect But Hope Remains
- Declaration of Independence and Dependence Upon God
- Remembering our nation’s roots in God and Christianity
- Tea parties and the need for respectful dialogue
- This Independence Day, pause for Iraq, Afghanistan
More Posts by This Author
- Rich Drama in ‘The Mountain Between Us’ by Charles Martin
- Dekker, Healy Weave Truth Throughout ‘Burn’
- ‘50 Days Of Heaven’ By Randy Alcorn
- Is Abortion A Quick Fix?
- Free eBooks From TerKeurst, Samson and Others
- ‘Slave’ By John MacArthur Explores Misconceptions About The Relationship With God
- ‘Mr. AWANA’ Tells Inspirational Story Of Christian Mission Work