In no particular order, here are some Christmas facts:
- Christmas is a blending of the words "Christ" and "Mass".
- X-mas comes from the Greek X which means Christ.
- The first Christmas card was created in 1843 England.
- "It's a Wonderful Life" is the most popular Christmas movie.
- Christmas didn't become a national holiday in the U.S. until after the Civil War.
- The needles of Christmas trees (pines, firs and spruces) are an excellent source of vitamin C (but I do not suggest you eat any!)
- The most popular Christmas ballet is "The Nutcracker".
- And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” (Luke 2:8-12, NIV)
Now which one is more important?
Prayer- Lord, help us concentrate on the Christmas fact No. 8, the Christ Child. Amen.
Be First to Comment