Knowing my love of coffee, someone gave me a list of a variety of coffee drinks. Here are some of them.
- Espresso (Short Black): one shot of espresso
- Double Espresso (Doppio): two shots of espresso
- Café Latte: one shot of espresso, plus steamed milk and micro-foam
- Cappuccino: one shot of espresso, plus steamed milk, micro-foam (more than a café latte), and often chocolate or cinnamon sprinkled on top
- Flat White: one shot of espresso, plus steamed milk (common in Australia and New Zealand)
- Piccolo Latte: a café latte made in an espresso cup
- Mocha: essentially a combination of a cappuccino and a hot chocolate
The trouble is that I don’t drink any of them. No funny stuff for me. I like my coffee strong, and plain, with no added sugars or creams and shared with a friend.
Not surprisingly, the Message Bible speaks of coffee in a couple of places, both involve other people. Job 7:10 speaks of friends dropping in for a coffee and Luke 17: mentions it as an after-dinner drink.
Yes, I want my coffee strong, and plain with no additives…just like I want the Word of God; telling me the truth with no additives but God’s truth.
Thrill to God’s Word, you chew on Scripture day and night. (Psalm 1:2, MSG)
Prayer- Lord, feed us your truth, unadorned, true to whom you are and who we can be. Amen.