Did you ever notice the similarities between Abraham who sacrificed his only son and God who sacrificed his?
- Abraham/Isaac (Genesis 22) God/ Jesus (Matthew 20)
- Mount Moriah Jerusalem (formerly Mount Moriah)
- Your only son God’s only son
- Third day
- Donkey Donkey
- Son carried wood Jesus carried wooden cross
- 2 servants with them two prisoners with Christ
- Son ‘raised’ from the dead Son raised from the dead
God gave the promises to Abraham and his child. And notice that the Scripture doesn’t say “to his children,” as if it meant many descendants. Rather, it says “to his child”—and that, of course, means Christ. (Galatians 3:16, NLT)
God points things out repeatedly so that we finally get it. Have you made your mind up yet to follow Christ? Why not?
Prayer- Father, thank you for your Son, the Christ who died for our sins and was raised from the dead on our behalf. Amen.