A knowledgeable person studies and gets all kind of wisdom. They might be considered to be smart. A smart acronym is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-based. A wise person is one who uses what they learned.
I recently came across an in-depth article about the benefits of wisdom. Here are the hi-lights.
- Pay attention to what you learned.
- Apply it. Ask for help and insight
- Consider wisdom to be a great treasure.
- Realize it is a gift.
- God guards the way of the wise.
- A wise person understands and makes good choices.
- The wise use discretion, avoiding dealings with perverse and wicked people.
- Wisdom guards your moral choices.
- The wise live an upright life.
You might have guessed already that I read this in Proverbs chapter two. It begins this way.
If you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding—then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. (From Proverbs 2:1-5)