It’s hard to pull a meal together when the oven is taken up with a big old fat turkey, isn’t it? I’m giving you this saving grace recipe now. Print it off and save it in case I forget to repeat it for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Cook the turkey the day before.
- Carve the turkey into serving size slices.
- Separate Romaine lettuce leaves.
- Wash them and pat them dry.
- Put a layer of Romaine lettuce in an aluminium pan or large roast pan.
- Add a layer of turkey.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6, ending with a layer of Romaine leaves.
- Cover tightly with foil and put in fridge.
- To heat the turkey, add about ¼ cup water to the pan.
- Heat in 250ºF oven till turkey is at the desired serving temperature.
P.S. Here is God’s recipe for lettuce: Let Us Love One Another.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35, NIV)
Prayer – Lord we pray that you give us the strength to do just that. Amen
Be First to Comment