Lately, I find myself surrounded by people who set goals in every area of their life. I admit I have not been doing this very consistently.
Their examples include:
- Reading their age in books every year.
- Exercise outside at least 150 days of the year.
- Start your morning in thankful prayer while still in bed.
- Eat only healthy foods, include fruit and veggies every day.
- Enjoy a salad every day.
- Learn the names and songs of every bird you see.
- Spend at least one hour per day in the garden.
- Call a different friend every day.
- Plan your plan and work your plan.
- Make your bed first thing every day.
- Journal daily.
- A goal puts us in good company.
I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back. (Philippians 3:14, MSG)