Want to change the world? Start where you are.
- Choose the longest line in the supermarket and speak to and encourage all those behind you and before you in line.
- Drive your car with politeness and care, thinking of the other drivers around you.
- Share what you have. Invite a lonely neighbour to dinner.
- Bake something and take it to a shut-in.
- Stay for a visit.
- Offer to babysit a child, a sick grandparent so their care giver can shop for groceries.
- Pray for those around you.
- Smile. Why not? You’ve spent your day sharing the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- After all, it’s nice to be important but in God’s eyes it’s more important to be nice
But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), goodness (benevolence), faithfulness. (Galatians 5:22, AMP)
Prayer – Thank you, Lord, for the gift of kindness. We remember how it feels when others are kind to us. Help us return the favour. Amen