“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message. (John 17:20, NIV)
Did you catch that? Jesus while here on earth prayed for us. For us!!
And this is what he prayed:
- That all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.
- May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
- I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.
- Then the world will know that you sent me
- And have loved them even as you have loved me.
- Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am,
- And to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
- “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.
- I have made you known to them,
- And will continue to make you known
- In order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.” (John 17:25, NIV)
Have you accepted the answers to that prayer; the prayer that Jesus gave on your behalf? Why or why not?
Prayer – Lord, help us step into the answer of the prayers that Jesus prayed for us. Amen.