By Brenda Wood | Author and Speaker
Devotions | Monday, July 23, 2012
A recent magazine article listed 100 reasons to lose weight. I decided to start my own list called 100 reasons to love and serve God because the Bible says we ought to do just that.
Deuteronomy 6:5-And you shall love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with your entire being and with all your might (AMP).
1. 1 John 4:19- We love Him, because He first loved us (AMP).
2. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (NKJV).
3. Matthew 27:35-Then they crucified Him, and divided His garments, casting lots, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet: “They divided My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots NKJV).”
4. Acts 4:10- let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.
5. Hebrews 12:2- looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God (KJV).
6. Galatians 5:24- And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires (NKJV).
Prayer: Lord we haven’t even scratched the surface of your goodness but we thank you for every bit of it. Amen.
“I believe Jesus is the answer to every question.” Brenda Wood is a motivational speaker, writer and author of Heartfelt, 366 Devotions for Common Sense Living. She is also a recovered bulimic who has gained and lost several 1000 pounds over the years! She understands the pain of overweight and the agony of life with an eating disorder. Brenda is known for her common sense wisdom, sense of humor and quirky comments.
Common Sense Devotionals for Every Day of the Year
Everyday Christian is proud to offer daily devotionals from author and inspirational speaker Brenda J. Wood. Get your copy of Heartfelt: 366 Devotions for Common Sense Living today!
More Posts by This Author
- Close to Us Forever
- You Don’t Have to Be a Genius
- Cheap Chocolate
- Are You Kidding Me?
- Face to Face
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot
- Show Me the Money