By Brenda Wood | Author and Speaker
Devotions | Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Applying for a job and dreading the interview? You can prepare before hand. Think through your answers to these questions and get ready for that phone call or email.
- I want this job because…
- My attributes for this job include…
- I care about the people I will meet on the job, whether employee or customer, because…
- I care about the image I present to the public because…
- I will help my fellow employees to have the tools/information they need as well.
- I will encourage the people I work with because even though we all need correction occasionally, we also need a pat on the back for a job well done.
And when you get that great job? Remember that you are representing the Lord God Almighty.
2 Timothy 2:15-Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth (NIV).
Prayer: Lord God, you know our circumstances. You know how badly we need employment, but even more than that, we want to do your will. So Lord, help us to think through our answers, look forward to the interviews and get ready to represent you in our new position. For Christ’s sake. Amen.
“I believe Jesus is the answer to every question.” Brenda Wood is a motivational speaker, writer and author of Heartfelt, 366 Devotions for Common Sense Living. She is also a recovered bulimic who has gained and lost several 1000 pounds over the years! She understands the pain of overweight and the agony of life with an eating disorder. Brenda is known for her common sense wisdom, sense of humor and quirky comments.
Common Sense Devotionals for Every Day of the Year
Everyday Christian is proud to offer daily devotionals from author and inspirational speaker Brenda J. Wood. Get your copy of Heartfelt: 366 Devotions for Common Sense Living today!
More Posts by This Author
- Why Pray for Our Leaders?
- In Charge
- Bless This Mess
- On Account of Us
- I Am What I Am
- Stress Relief
- Pure Conversation