Francesca Battistelli, Husband Celebrate Birth Of First Child
At 6:54 am on September 29, 2010
Grammy-nominated artist Francesca Battistelli and her husband Matt Goodwin celebrated the birth of their first child recently.
According to a statement released by Battistelli's record label, Fervent Records, Battistelli gave birth to Matthew Elijah Goodwin in Nashville on September 22. Matthew was born at 8:47 p.m., weighing in at 8 pounds, 15 ounces.
Battistelli released her first studio album, My Paper Heart, in 2008. She received a 2009 Grammy nomination for Best Gospel Performance for her single Free to Be Me. She was nominated in four Dove Award categories for 2009 including Song of the Year, New Artist of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year. My Paper Heart hit No. 1 on the charts and is still ranked in Billboard's top 10 Christian albums. Battistelli is scheduled to resume touring December 27 in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
Related Articles and Blogs
- Chris Tomlin’s New Album Tops Pop Chart
- Chris August, Jason Crabb Top Dove Nominees
- Winans, Houghton, Switchfoot Claim Gospel Grammys
- Casting Crowns: Worshipping In Song And Word
- Point Of Grace Tabbed Inspirational Country Music’s Entertainer Of The Year
- TobyMac Book ‘City On Our Knees’ Hits Home
- Casting Crowns Song Illustrates Need for God