Michael Jackson Top Earning Dead Celebrity
At 5:11 am on October 26, 2010
The late Michael Jackson earned more in the past year than any other actor or musician, dead or alive, according to Forbes' annual list of the top-earning dead celebrities.
The King of Pop's estate earned an estimated $275 million over the past year, ranking him ahead of every living celebrity with the exception of Oprah Winfrey. Jackson's earnings were more than the other 12 celebrities on the list combined.
Elvis Presley ranked second with earnings of $60 million. J.R.R. Tolkien, who penned Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, earned $50 million. Among the newcomers to this year's list is late New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner who ranked ninth with earnings of $8 million.
Related Articles and Blogs
- The Demise of Dr. Conrad Murray
- Is God Trying to Get Bret Michaels’ Attention?
- Music Monday: Michael Jackson and Christianity
- Nobel Peace Prize for Obama key for future, not present
- Jesus trumps our cultural obsession with idols
- Michael Jackson saga only beginning
- Recession underscores tough times for non-profits