Tweet Your Way To A Scholarship
At 9:48 am on November 19, 2010
If you can keep it short, you just might win a $20,000 college scholarship.
As an alternative to lengthy personal essays, KFC is awarding a scholarship through Twitter. Through November 26, high school seniors can apply for the scholarship by drafting a single tweet of 140 characters or less. Applicants must tweet how they embody KFC Founder Col. Harlan Sanders' dedication to community and education with the hashtag #KFCScholar included. The winner will be selected December 1. Complete rules are available on the KFC website.
"This year, through one of the hottest emerging forms of media, we want to offer students a creative way to realize their dreams of obtaining a college education," said KFC's Chief Marketing and Food Innovation Officer John Cywinski.
Related Articles and Blogs
- Indiana Lawmaker Pushes for Academic Freedom in Evolution/Creation Debate
- Parenting Minute By Minute
- Is Handwriting On The Wall For Cursive?
- Homeschooling Ranks Top 2 Million In U.S.
- #biblechat: A Twitter Bible Study
- Introducing The New Twitter
- See You At The Pole Brings Christian Students, Faculty Together For 20th Year