Dare I speak these words into this turmoiled world?
We are children of God, called to be people of peace, who love, and serve Jesus every day.
We aren’t called to argue with words of sarcasm, rudeness, and belittling.
Free Methodist Bishop, Cliff Fletcher suggests that before we open our mouths, we prayerfully ask ourselves why we need to participate at all. Will our words point people to Jesus or not?
Then Bishop Fletcher asks us to take this test, based on Ephesians 4:1-6.
1. Am I being humble or proud? What’s the difference, and how will I know which I am?
2. Am I being gentle? Would others in the room consider me gentle?
3. Am I being patient with views that are not my own, and with difficult people?
4. Am I showing forbearance?
5. What is the best possible outcome of this conversation?
6. What is the worst possible outcome if I participate in this conversation?
We represent the God of Peace, who invites you into a Covenant of Peace, through Jesus the Prince of Peace, who is all about the gospel of Peace.
Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can. -John Wesley
Be First to Comment