Proverbs 17:22– A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. (KJV)
Children laugh about 400 times a day and adults only 16. Why do we lose our joy? Let’s not even talk about the dour moods prevailing in Christian communities! Christian comedians, clergy, cartoonists, clowns, and health workers organized The Fellowship of Merry Christians in 1985 to bring healing humor into churches and families.
Let’s help them! Here are some funnies! Don’t peek at the answers.
1. What book of the Bible mentions a bad baseball player?
2. What occupation did Paul have besides tent making and preaching?
3. What is the first medicine mentioned in the Bible?
4. How did Ruth treat Boaz badly?
5. How do we know that devilled ham existed in Bible times?
All right! They are silly! If these jokes don’t make us merry, list all the ways God has met us over the years and rejoice!
Prayer: Lord, when you fill our hearts with yourself, what else is there to do but smile and be glad? Amen.
Answers- 1. Psalm 19:12, who can understand his errors. 2. Baking. He went to fill a pie (Philippi). 3. God gave Moses two tablets. 4. She pulled his ears and walked on his corn. 5. Devils entered a herd of swine.