- Recognize your own strengths instead of putting yourself down.
- You are worthy in God’s eyes and therefore should also be in your own.
- Face life with a light-hearted attitude.
- Like yourself the way you would a good friend. Yes, there are faults but you are working on them. Right?
- Can’t afford therapy? Read, study, take classes, work on yourself. Be patient.
- Time alone is well spent.
- List the things that bring you comfort. And no, it is not good to choose ice cream!
- The world calls for us to do a random act of kindness every day. Why not do one or two for yourself?
- Enjoy yourself. Eat dinner out alone, visit the theatre alone. Practice being alone and thus discover your own true self.
- Be kind to your body. It’s the only one you have.
- Practice speaking nicely… yes, about yourself.
Jesus said, “The first in importance is, ‘Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.’ And here is the second: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ There is no other commandment that ranks with these.” (Mark 12:30-31)
Be First to Comment