- Prepare the soil properly before planting. Break up hard lumps.
- Don’t plant things that spread wildly and take over your garden.
- Mulch so that you won’t have to water and weed so often.
- Put in sensible walkways.
This sounds just like life with God doesn’t it?
- Let God prepare the soil of your heart and soften your hard lumps.
- Remove anything that threatens to control you.
- Add lots of prayer so sin won’t creep in.
- Let God make your paths straight.
Can papyrus grow tall where there is no marsh? Can reeds thrive without water? While still growing and uncut, they wither more quickly than grass. Such is the destiny of all who forget God; so perishes the hope of the godless. (Job 8:11-13, NIV)
Prayer- Father, may we garden our lives with more care than our backyard. Amen