Here it comes; the crazy days of Christmas. Forget peace and goodwill. It’s all about
decisions like this.
- Do I throw the neighborhood party?
- Is the Christmas tree big enough?
- Should we get real or fake?
- The kids want the usual homemade treats but I am on a diet.
- How many relatives are coming for dinner?
- Will they bring a bad casserole?
- Who is doing the Christmas cards?
All of this is settled for me this year. My broken arm gets me off the hook this year.
I wouldn’t have had the courage to make these decisions on my own.
Count your blessings folks. They are often where you are not looking.
This year it’s my time to concentrate on Jesus! Like the shepherds, I will be at the manger.
When the angels had returned to heaven, the shepherds said to each other, “Let’s go to Bethlehem! Let’s see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”(Luke 2:15, NLT)
Prayer- Father God, thank you for the broken arms of our lives. Amen.