Did you ever try to change a bad habit, a bad situation? I’m working on a few and some days I succeed. Some days I don’t. Do you ever beat yourself up for your failures? Some days I do and some days I don’t. How do you attack your problems?
Maybe these thoughts will help both of us.
- Were we in the right frame of mind to work on change?
- Did we pray about it first?
- What set us on the failure path?
- What did it feel like to fail?
- Do we want to feel like that ever again?
- Do we have a proper support system? Do we tell those people the truth?
- Do we reward ourselves for our failures or for our successes?
- Are we making our choices based on what God asks of us?
- I am not overwhelmed by the storm, but overwhelmed by the Spirit of God.
I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13, NIV)
Prayer – Father, give us the courage to finish the task at hand! For Christ’s sake. Amen.