Yes friends, God can help us through addictions but we have a part to play as well. Here are a few self-helps that God might be asking you to accomplish.
- Don’t keep your go to item on hand. If they aren’t with you, you can’t use them, right?
- Ask for prayer from a trusted friend or colleague.
- Busy yourself with something else.
- Don’t be alone.
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Make a list of things you can do instead of faltering.
- Chewing gum helps with mouth issues.
- Keep your hands busy on a craft, etc.
- Add your own ideas here. Then be sure to do them.
- Most of all, face the truth. You want to be free of that awful thing that hampers you. Don’t you? Of course, you do. It takes effort, friend. You are up to it. You can do it. God says so. Don’t settle for a second-best life! Fight hard. And yes friend, you can and you will, in the name of Christ Jesus.
And it is trouble ahead if you’re satisfied with yourself. Your self will not satisfy you for long. And it is trouble ahead if you think life’s all fun and games. There’s suffering to be met, and you’re going to meet it.(Luke 6:25, MSG)
Be First to Comment