We’ve been studying the first Christmas story for a few weeks now. It was a simpler time, obviously; straight to the point. However, then we come to Christmas now. See what we have created around what is Jesus born to save his people from their sins?
- If snow falls on Christmas Day, Easter will be warm and sunny.
- Yuletide is a term used to describe burning a tree to celebrate Winter Solstice.
- Jingle Bells is a Thanksgiving song.
- Oliver Cromwell banned Christmas. He died in 1658 and Christmas returned in 1660.
- Animals can speak once a year—you got it—Christmas Eve.
- Creepy crawlies like spiders are good luck on Christmas!
- The first imitation Christmas trees were made of green feathers.
Now isn’t that last one beyond bizarre? No, not really, for we too celebrate Christmas with what is not real. What truthful efforts can we make on Christ’s behalf this year?
Prayer – Father, you are truth. Help us to discern some of that for ourselves. Amen