To be a good shepherd you have to be able to think like a sheep. Jesus is the good shepherd
- Jesus lived a sinless life for us because we can’t. “And behold, a man came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?” And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” Matthew 19:16-17
- Jesus keeps us safe, because we don’t. “I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.” John 10:28
- He guides us because we have no sense of direction. “He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness, for his name’s sake.” Psalm 23:3
- Jesus tenderly cares for us because we haven’t got enough sense to do that. “He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.” Isaiah 40:11
- He died to save us and we don’t have sense enough to live for him. . “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” John 10:11
To be a good shepherd you have to be able to think like a sheep. Jesus is the one and only good shepherd.
Prayer- Thank you, Jesus. You are our good shepherd. We don’t need a thing when we stick with you. Amen (From Psalm 23, MSG).