Is your house a wreck? Decluttering expert, Marie Kondo says that clutter is caused by a failure to return things to where they belong.
Clutter can be a messy collection of objects or a condition of disorderliness or overcrowding. Take your pick. Either one spells trouble. We need to put stuff away to achieve order.
While this is true of our homes, it also applies to our lives and our hearts. God says we are to:
- put away strange gods Genesis 35:2
- put away evil (Deuteronomy 19:19)
- put away the mediums, the wizards (2 Kings 23:24)
- put away unrighteousness (Job 22:23)
- put away false and dishonest speech, and willful and contrary talk (Proverbs 4:24)
- put away anger, rage, bad feeling toward others, curses and slander, and foulmouthed abuse and shameful utterances from your lips! (Colossians 3:8)
That’s a lot of tidying up but God doesn’t expect it all at once. A little at a time, day by day and before we know it, our hearts and minds are decluttered.
Prayer – Oh God, help us put away our put aways! Amen.