Yes once again our odd relatives will show up for Christmas dinner. I say love them and beat them to the punch with your own silly jokes. Tell these stories before they do and you too can eventually claim the title of weird old Uncle______ or snooty Aunt________.
Are you ready? Here we go. I suggest you drop these into a conversation just before they land the punch line of theirs. Friends sent me these. Perhaps you have more that you can share with me?
- I tried to eat a clock but it was too time consuming.
- Why isn’t the meaning of opaque clearer?
- Did you hear about the policeman confronting a child who was resisting a rest?
- Alternative facts are an aversion of the truth.
- Atheists are a non-prophet organization.
Now do remember also friends that we are to love one another. May your funny stories be light-heartedly gentle and kind. After all, we all hope to share a future with the Christ in heaven, don’t we?
So where does that leave you when you criticize a brother… or a sister? You’ll look pretty silly—or worse. Eventually, we’re all going to end up kneeling side by side in the place of judgment, facing God. Your critical and condescending ways aren’t going to improve your position there one bit. (From Romans 14:10-12, MSG)
Prayer-Lord, guide our tongues to kindness please. Amen.