Winning is falling down and getting up again, but failure is falling down and staying there.
David, Moses, Noah, Paul and the rest of our favourite Bible heroes fell down lots of times but we see them as winners because they got up again and went on to do their best for God.
What does your best look like?
- Do I trust God’s word for advice?
- Do I do what God tells me to do, even when it seems silly or impossible?
- Am I willing to re-evaluate my position?
- Do I refuse to give up, no matter what?
- Do I trust my feelings or my God?
- Am I willing to ask for help?
- Do I praise God no matter what?
As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. (Exodus 17:11, NIV)
Prayer- Father God, help us strive past the places where our enemies expect us to finish! Amen