Surprise! Surprise! The apostle John writes exactly the same way. In the Columbo mystery series, we saw the crime upfront and then Columbo spent two hours solving the case. (See Columbo States the case on YouTube, at Barrie Free Methodist Church.)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:1-5, NIV)
He states the conclusion right up front, then he begins to lay out the evidence.
- He is the Word- John 1:1
- He is the Light and the Life. (John 1:4)
- He is the one and only Son. (John 1:14)
- He is the one and only son, who is himself God. (John 1:18)
- He is Lord. (John 1:23)
- He is the Lamb of God. (John 1:29, 35)
- He is God’s chosen one, the Son of God. (John 1:34)
- He is called Rabbi, teacher. (John 1:38)
- He is Messiah, the Christ. (John 1:41)
- He is Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” (John 1: 45)
- He is King of Israel. (John 1:49)
- He is the Son of Man. (John 1:51)
What is your conclusion about the Lord Jesus Christ?