Some of us avoid this topic like the plague while others base their faith on it. What is God’s truth about dreams and visions? The Book of Daniel gives lots of information:
- God gives the gift of dream/vision interpretation. (1:17)
- Dreams and visions often upset the dreamer. (2:1, 7:15)
- The interpretation is not always instant. (2:16)
- Prayer and prayer partners are instrumental in interpretation. (2:18)
- Wisdom in other areas does not make one able to interpret. (2:27)
- God reveals the secrets he wishes to reveal. (2:28)
- God gives us dreams and vision to know the thoughts of our own heart and mind. (2:30)
- It’s helpful to record the dream (7:1)
- Visions may occur in daylight or dark. (5:5, 7:7, 7:13)
- The dream or vision may for some time in the distant future. (11:14, 12:4, 12:9)
And how should we react if we have a dream or vision? Here is the advice the angel gave Daniel.
And you? Go about your business without fretting or worrying. Relax. When it’s all over, you will be on your feet to receive your reward.” (Daniel 12:13, MSG)
Prayer- Lord, we pray that we do the same. Amen.