A checklist to find out if you worship yourself.
- I want things when I want them.
- I speed because I am more important than the other drivers.
- I am greedy and disobedient to God, government and many others.
- I place blame on others, no matter what the issue.
- I refuse to take direction from anyone.
- I rebel under all kinds of authority, from parents to teachers and government.
- I am the one who counts, always. It’s me, me, me all the way.
- I refuse to accept correction. I am my personal expert.
- I must be in command, even when I am obviously wrong.
- I know everything, no matter the topic
I could go on, but what’s the point? Covid revealed many previously hidden sins, including rebellion. Church goers are whining because they insist that they are special and need to meet in person! Meanwhile, the rest of the world is living carefully, masking, social distancing and using zoom to connect.
For these are rebellious people, deceitful children, children unwilling to listen to the Lord’s instruction.(Isaiah 30:9, NIV)