What kind of lessons do we need to learn to be a servant? Why is God taking so long to put us in the place ‘we’ think we should be in? It is because we are not ready to be a servant? A leader must have a servant’s heart. . Let’s take a good look at ourselves through God’s eyes.
These are the leadership requirements in the very clear words of the Message Bible.
- “Is this man well-thought-of?
- Is he committed to his wife?
- Are his children believers?
- Do they respect him and stay out of trouble?”
- It’s important that a church leader, responsible for the affairs in God’s house, be looked up to.
- Not pushy
- Not short-tempered
- Not a drunk,
- not a bully,
- Not money-hungry.
- He must welcome people,
- be helpful,
- have a good grip on himself,
- and have a good grip on the Message,
- knowing how to use the truth to either spur people on in knowledge
- Or stop them in their tracks if they oppose it. (From Titus 1:5-9, MSG)
Prayer – Lord, show us where our character doesn’t measure up; then give us the strength and courage to change, in Christ. Amen