Stuck on what to focus on this year? How about doing things that please God? Pick one or two of these…let God help you decide what you need to do most.
- Love your enemies. (There is a choker)
- Keep your mouth shut. (Now there is a task to behold!)
- Stop fighting. (Doesn’t that link to number 1?)
- Tell others about Jesus. (Yes by both word and deed.)
- Be self-controlled. (Oh I really struggle here, and you?)
- Stop worrying. (Yes, I know, you love to do it, but it doesn’t help anything.)
- Keep your eyes on the prize, Jesus.
- Read the Bible and so learn your boundaries.
- Be kind, to everyone. (Yes that includes the people in number 1.)
I could give you Bible verses for every statement, but let’s settle for this one.
Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”(Luke 17:4, NIV)
Prayer- God we can make all the lists we want but without your help we will totally fail. Be our guide. Thank you. Amen.