‘40 pieces of advice’ is making its rounds on the internet. The author is unknown to me, but King Solomon could have written it. Many of the’40’ are just plain common sense. You know- exercise, eat right. However I was surprised to find that many of the ‘40’ are really silent activities. Now there is a concept foreign to most of us!
Here are a few for you to try out.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes every day. Lock yourself in if necessary
3. Listen to good music everyday; it is true food for the spirit.
7. Read more books than last year.
8. Look at the sky at least once a day and realize in what magnificent world you live.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
19. Life is too short to waste it by hating someone.
28. Love your body and respect it.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have everything you will ever need.
33. The best is yet to come.
39. Enjoy life – you only have one opportunity, make the best of it.
I would add this one to the list. My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him. (Psalm 62:5, AMP)
Prayer- Lord we too often gauge our success on what we do instead of what we are. Help us to focus on our being instead of our doing. Amen.