What is true love? Does the person who says they love you, show that love in word and in deed? Do you love that way in return?
- Never settle for second best.
- Love as you wish to be loved.
- Do you love that person or do they just fulfill a current need? Tell yourself (and them) the truth.
- Sex is not a substitute for love. Eventually, everyone gets too tired for that.
- Arm candy is not love.
- If your goal is to change them into someone you will love, get out now.
- If someone is trying to change you, get out now.
- Can’t stand being with them? Seriously do I need to say this again? Get out now!
Galatians 5:13-15 seems to fit here.
It is absolutely clear that God has called you to a free life. Just make sure that you don’t use this freedom as an excuse to do whatever you want to do and destroy your freedom. Rather, use your freedom to serve one another in love; that’s how freedom grows. For everything we know about God’s Word is summed up in a single sentence: Love others as you love yourself. That’s an act of true freedom. If you bite and ravage each other, watch out—in no time at all you will be annihilating each other, and where will your precious freedom be then? (Galatians 5:13-15, MSG)
Prayer- Lord, our emotions and drives too often make our choices for us. Show us true and perfect love through your eyes, please. Amen.