Have you ever sent a thank you card to yourself? Seems silly doesn’t it, but recently God prompted me to do just that. Then he prompted a discussion.
The card said that “Thanks” stood for Thoughtful, Helpful, Always there, Nice, Kind-hearted and Supportive. Could I say that I am all the things? Yes, I generally am all those things to others, but can I say that I am all those things for myself? No.
Do I think out my commitments? Not often. Do I help myself to better health care, work management and so one? Not always.
So I guess God had a point. How then shall I live? And God replied with these thoughts.
- Treat yourself as well as you treat others. Be thankful for who you are.
- Shine at being yourself and yourself only.
- Take care of your mind, body, spirit and emotions.
- Be all that you can be in Christ. Entertain thoughts of joy.
- Close the door on sadness. Forgive yourself for false guilt.
- Move on, Move forward.
Why not take a few moments and do the same thing for yourself.
Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (Matthew 22:36-40, KJV)
Prayer – Thanks God for who we are in Christ. Amen