Hebrews 12:4-For the Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart (NASB).
When my friend became a Christian, she gave up her two-hour-a-day soap opera fix and began to spend that time with God. “The Bible is so exciting,” she cried! “It makes soap operas look pretty dull!” To prove it, she stumped us on the following quiz.
1. A prophet who was naked for three years (Isaiah 20:3).
2. Biblical king with first birthday party (Genesis 40:20).
3. The first Christian martyr (Acts 6:7-8a).
4. King with a phantom hand message on his wall (Daniel 5:1-9).
5. Outran a team of horses (1Kings 18:46).
6. Became a giant saltshaker (Genesis 19:26).
7. King of Judah stricken with leprosy (2Kings 15:5).
8. A prophet married to a prostitute (Hosea 1:3).
9. Has a Savior who was crucified, died, buried and rose from the dead so all could be forgiven (John 3:16).
“Never mind,”she said. “You can pick them up on the next read through. The last one is the most important!”
Do you know the answer to number nine? How has it impacted your life?
Prayer: Lord, thanks for an interesting read. And thanks that number nine is so easy to understand and act on. In Jesus’ name. Amen.