Over the years, people have made much of these characters and the first 6 aren’t even real people. The story of the seventh has been turned into something beyond reality and the eighth is self- explanatory.
1. The fictional Romeo and Juliet.
2. The mythological Paris and Helena.
3. The legendary Lancelot and Guinevere.
4. The medieval story of Tristan and Isolde.
5. The myth of Orpheus and Eurydice.
6. The myth of Odysseus and Penelope.
7. Cleopatra and Mark Antony highly fictionalized by Shakespeare
8. Napoleon and Josephine who divorced
Today we wallow in more modern stories like Charles and Diana which ended badly. The current favorite is Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. (So far so good on that one).
Why do we dream about these love affairs but tend to ignore the greatest love ever…EVER! Do you need to guess? No, you should know the answer!
The greatest love story ever is the true story of Jesus who left everything for us, died for us and now lives for us.
Stop wishing for fairy tales and go for the true story of real love.
Prayer- Father, we choose the real, with true substance…You and your Son the Christ.