Most of us are familiar with the love chapter 1 Corinthians 12 but too often we expect God to love us while we refuse to do the same for others. Unfortunately, that seems to be a popular view right now.
Anyway here is that love list and it is very clear. We all fall short of it but there is no harm in practicing and getting better at loving.
- Love never gives up [‘Love is patient’, NIV]
- Love cares more for others than for self.
- Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
- Love doesn’t strut,
- Doesn’t have a swelled head
- Doesn’t force itself on others
- Isn’t always “me first”
- Doesn’t fly off the handle
- Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others
- Doesn’t revel when others grovel
- Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth
- Puts up with anything
- Trusts God always
- Always looks for the best
- Never looks back
- But keeps going to the end’ (1 Corinthians 12:.4–7, MSG).
Prayer- Lord we thank you for teaching us repeatedly, that love is the most excellent way. (1 Corinthians 12:31, MSG) Amen.