2 Chronicles 20: 3–And Jehoshaphat was afraid and turned his attention to seek the Lord; and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah (NASB).
One day, when I was in a more fearful position then usual, I came across this chapter. I began to make a list of how Jehoshaphat faced his fears. Read the chapter for yourself. Ask God what He would have you do as you begin to conquer your particular dreads. Keep track of your progress.
- Seek the Lord.
- Admit my powerlessness.
- Realize the battle is the Lord’s.
- Accept that it is not my fight.
- Stand and see salvation of the Lord on my behalf.
- Do not fear or be dismayed; the Lord is with me.
- Take my battle position, face bowed before God.
- Rise early in the a.m.
- Trust God and be established.
- Give thanks to the Lord.
- Sing, praise so that God can get the ambushes ready.
- Bless the Lord.
- Watch for and expect His rest on all sides.
Prayer: God, forgive us for ‘worshipping’ our fears by placing all our attention on them, rather than on you! Amen