I’ve decorated a lot of buildings, but never actually built one. No, that’s not right. I did hold some pieces in place while hubby put up a shed in the back! Still, I know this.
All building happens one stone or one brick at a time; one nail, one 2×4 or one sheet of insulation. Sometimes, during the struggle of building, it seems impossible, unending, a waste of time. Perhaps that’s because we started off all wrong.
- We need a building plan. (Genesis 6:15)
- We need the correct building materials. (Exodus 20:25)
- Has God blessed your plans? (Deuteronomy 8:14, Psalm 127:1)
- Do you have enough help to actually build the structure?
- Do you have the permission of the local building authorities? (Nehemiah 4:7-9)
- Do you have a solid foundation to build on? (Matthew 7:24)
- Do you really need it? (Luke 12:18)
- Have you counted the cost? Can you afford it? (Luke 14:28)
There is an easier build, my friends.
But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith.(Jude 1:20)