Do you ever wonder when we should be thanking God? When is it appropriate? Well, when do you thank others? Wouldn’t God qualify to be thanked at least as much as that? We thank others for opening doors, handing us a plate of food, letting us go first in line, and for gifts. Must I go on? Surely God deserves the same if not more.
- Thank God when he answers us. (Psalm 118:21)
- When he gives us the victory. (1 Corinthians 15:57)
- When we pray for one another. (Colossians 1:3)
- When he puts the same concerns to both of us. (2 Corinthians 8:16)
- Every time I remember you. (Philippians 1:3)
- In all circumstances. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- When we receive a gift. (Philippians 4:10)
- When people are concerned for us. (Philippians 4:10)
- When God uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ. (2 Corinthians 2:14)
We have lots of ‘whens’ to choose from.
Prayer – Lord, thanks for the reminder to say thanks for everything, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 5:20, NIV) Amen