- Perhaps you want to consider taking Andrew Trapp with you as an advisor on your next trip to Las Vegas. The 28-year-old priest won $100,000 in a nationally televised poker competition.
- D’oh! Now this is something you wouldn’t necessarily expect – “The Simpsons” being hailed in the official Vatican newspaper as accurate reflection of modern spirituality.
- A study by the Pew Forum on Religion & the Public Life points to the deepest faith commitments overwhelmingly coming from the South.
- The chief justice of Brazil has granted custody to a New Jersey father in a long-running battle to bring his son back to the United States.
- Abortion remains a key sticking point as Democrats in the House and Senate look at conferencing on health care reform legislation.
- Serena Williams may be best remembered in 2009 for her profanity-laced tirade at a U.S. Open official, but her victories in two of the year’s majors at the Australian Open and Wimbledon helped earn her AP Female Athlete of the Year honors.
Published December 23rd, 2009 by Peter Elliott