Today we continue to speak of pride.
- Are we cynical? Do we speak about and to others in a mocking, sneering way?
- Do we interrupt others when they speak? Do we hog a conversation?
- Do we speak about our family, friends or acquaintances in belittling ways?
- Do we make unflattering comments about others only to follow up with the term,’ just kidding?’
- Do we put down our government leaders on a regular basis?
- Do we even dare consider ourselves ‘better than’ our fellow Christians?
- Do we put down the faith of others as not being as strong as our own?
As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They’ll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they’re animals. Stay clear of these people. (2 Timothy 3:2-5, MSG)
Prayer- Father, we see ourselves here. We trust you for the strength to change. Amen.