That’s the phrase we use to encourage an audience to welcome a performer.
Give it up for ________________(person’s name here) and they come out and do their stuff.
Today I am asking you to give it up for God. When I say give it up, I don’t mean praise, although that is a wonderful thing to do.
No I am asking you to give your wallet up to God.
Be honest now.
1. Do you give God tip money, your coin leftovers?
2. Do you give according to how well the pastor’s message entertained you?
3. Do you give when you are moved by the way your emotions react?
4. Do you give but intend to give more when you get richer?
5. Do you give grudgingly, only because others are watching?
6. Or do you give your tithe and your offerings the way God gives to you?
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. (Luke 6:38, KJV)
Prayer- Father, help us give as freely as you always have…Amen.